How to control date limitation options
The date limitations for compiled workbook may be set in several ways.
- On compilation form as date limitation for compiled EXE.
- In registration tool as date limitation for registration key of exe, compiled with copy protection.
- When exe is compiled as trial version.
Date limitation options form contains settings which affect a compiled EXE behavior, if it contains date limitations.
Date verification mode option group
presents 3 options which define the way of how the compiled application will verify the current date on application start.
- by the System clock only. With this option the compiled exe will verify the current date by the system clock and, if it is incorrect, the application shows the error message “System clock has been set back” and exe will not start.
- in the Internet only. With this option the compiled exe will check the current date in the Internet by making request on public NTP servers. If there is no connection to the Internet then the application shows the error “Application requires the Internet connection to start” and will not start.
- by System clock and the Internet. With this verifying mode the compiled exe will check the system clock settings and, if it is incorrect, the application will try to verify the current date in the Internet. If there is no Internet connection, the application shows “System clock has been set back and the Internet connection is not available. Application cannot start.” warning and will not start.
System clock move insensitivity.
The using of this item makes sense when you select the date verification mode System clock only or System clock and the Internet.
Sometime the system clock may be moved back unintentionally. For example when automatic season time changes happens, or when customer is traveling through several time zones.
To prevent blocking the compiled application’s launch you may set the insensitivity for the system clock movement. You need to enter the amount of hours which will not affect the compiled application launch, if system clock has been moved back for that amount of time or less.
You may activate the expiration warning message which will be shown in mentioned amount of days before the application is expired. In “Renew/Upgrade instructions” field you may enter the path to the file with your content of the expiration warning message.