How to compile Excel workbook to exe file
You need to have the Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or higher and Microsoft Office 2003 or higher with the latest service pack and updates installed on your computer.
Please make sure that Microsoft Office Visual Basic for Application (VBA) component is selected in your MS Office installation.
1. Download the DoneEx XCell Compiler and install it on your computer.
2. Enable “Trust access to the VBA project object model” MS Excel option via the following path:
Excel Options >> Trust center >> click button “Trust Center Settings…” >> Macro Settings >> enable check box “Trust access to the VBA project object model”
You need to perform this step once, before the first compilation.
3. Open your workbook by double clicking on it in the Windows Explorer. If it did not open then use the following option:
Open Excel from Windows Start Menu shortcut and load your Excel spreadsheet by using Excel File Open menu, or just Drag-and-Drop your workbook on Excel window.
4. Find DoneEx menu at Excel main menu.
Click DoneEx >> XCell Compiler >> Compile
6. When compilation is completed, close Excel, and run the EXE file. You may find the compiled EXE file at location you have chosen in the “Target Path” field on compilation form.
The workbook is secured now. You can send the compiled application to your client with peace of mind.