Compile Time Troubleshooting
Please check the following on the computer where the problem appears:
- Please make sure that you have the latest service packs and updates for your version of MS Office.
- You may have security permissions that are too low level to save files into or open files from some folders on your computer.
Please copy your models to your “My Documents” folder (or any of its subfolders) on your computer and then compile them from there.
Make sure that you have set target path to the “My Documents” folder or the subfolder your file is located in.
- If your workbook has VBA code, please make sure that your workbook VBA code does not contain any syntax errors before compilation. You need to fix all VBA syntax errors before compiling the workbook with XCell Compiler. To detect VBA syntax errors, please open your workbook file in Excel and browse to the Excel VBA editor (Alt+F11), and then follow the path:
VBA Project main menu >> Debug >> Compile VBA Project
- Antivirus software may hinder the normal behavior of our product. To ensure that our product is working correctly, please temporarily disable your antivirus software and then compile.
- Some third party Excel add-ins may block compilation. We recommend to temporarily uninstall other add-ins, if any are present, to ensure that they do not block compilation.
If you have tried all above and the problem still persists, then please provide the following information to our support email (email@example.com):
- An xls example which leads to the compilation problem.
- A screenshot of your compilation options.
- A screenshot of the MS Excel About box from the computer where the problem appears.
In order to find the source of the problem we have to reproduce the same situation on our side, without an example provided by you this is impossible.